ATSIP Homepage
Discussion Board Home Discussion Board HomeProject DiscussionANSI D16 Public Discussion
  Help Help  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the ATSIP Discussion Board!  If you are an ATSIP member, you have already been registered!  Your username is your first initial and last name (IE: John Doe = jdoe), your password is the same that you use to log in to the membership site.
If you don't know your password you can reset it by clicking here.
After you log in for the first time, please take a minute and go to the member control panel to update your profile and set your preferences.
If you are not an ATSIP member, please register to join the discussion!
If you need help, go to the discussion board help forum.  You can download a detailed users manual or ask a question in the questions and comments topic.  You can also get help by clicking the help link in the menu at the top of the screen, sending a private message to an administrator, or by sending an email to manager@atsip.org.

0 Organization and Formatting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

ANSI D16 Panel Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sweissman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 0 Organization and Formatting
    Posted: Jun/06/2016 at 4:26pm
Definitions Order
Issue:  Currently, definitions are grouped by their category ("Transport Vehicles and Transport Ways, etc.) rather than in alphabetical order. This creates a more difficult user experience, because a person is required to "flip" back and forth between the index and chapters to find what they are looking for.

Proposed Solution:  To enhance the user experience, I propose we reorganize the Definitions chapter to list all definitions by alphabetical order first including a category notation (existing organization), than include a table at the end (chapter) that breaks the terms down by existing categories (Accidents, Location, Road Vehicle Accident Types, etc.)...or some combination of these methods.
sweissman View Drop Down
New User
New User

ANSI D16 Panel Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sweissman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2016 at 4:30pm
Large Numbers
For user experience, anytime there are numbers greater than 100, use a comma (e.g. in 3.11.2.2 “curb weight 1400 pounds” and all similar instances should read as curb weight 1,400 pounds).
tbragan View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tbragan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2016 at 4:32pm
I wish there was a way to "like" or otherwise endorse someone else's comment (perhaps there is something I'm overlooking, distracted by the available emoticons). I can certainly attest to having wished that D16 terminology was organized differently, and a simple alphabetical listing would be one way to improve the structure.
tsassadmin View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tsassadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2016 at 9:50am
Originally posted by tbragan tbragan wrote:

I wish there was a way to "like" or otherwise endorse someone else's comment (perhaps there is something I'm overlooking, distracted by the available emoticons).

The equivalent to liking a post would be to thank the poster by clicking the Thanks link in the upper right-hand corner of the post.
jdolan View Drop Down
ATSIP Member
ATSIP Member

ANSI D16 Panel Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jdolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2016 at 1:46pm
Tables of contents are intended to serve as on outline of the subject matter and content of a publication. It is appropriate that they be structured this way. Indexes are alphabetical listings of topics, usually at the end of the publication. A user should be able to scan the table of contents and have a general understanding of the organization and content of the publication. This is commonly accepted practice, and folks who have spent time at the library pouring over TOCs to try and determine which books meet their research needs can attest to its value. Changing the TOC to an alphabetical listing simply makes it an index at the beginning of the book, and takes away this important function of the TOC.
jmarsh View Drop Down
ATSIP Member
ATSIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmarsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2017 at 10:13am
(~Deleted)

Edited by jmarsh - May/17/2017 at 10:22am
jmarsh View Drop Down
ATSIP Member
ATSIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmarsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2017 at 10:20am
Originally posted by tsassadmin tsassadmin wrote:

Originally posted by tbragan tbragan wrote:

I wish there was a way to "like" or otherwise endorse someone else's comment (perhaps there is something I'm overlooking, distracted by the available emoticons).

The equivalent to liking a post would be to thank the poster by clicking the Thanks link in the upper right-hand corner of the post.

I hit "Thanks" and all posts were 'thanked'- ?
Q> Can I thank individual posts?
Q> How can I Un-Thank fhe post I disagree with?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic